News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Door panels and dashboards

Started by jbottini, January 04, 2007, 00:21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

jbottini

Has anyone had either of these off their MKIV or CRS or S/B? Would appreciate your knowledge. I have not looked at the as of yet, so pardon me if the answer is self explanatory.Have to get them to upholsterer. Thanks

C9OBY

Can't help on the door panels, but I have managed to get the dash off my CRS, albeit with all the guages still connected.

It's relatively easy: There is a screw located at each end of the dash, along with screws behind the centre consol that you need to remove.  Note that there is a u-shaped metal bracket that interfaces between the dash itself and the transmission tunnel.  It's not hard to remove and replace but is a little fiddly.  Take care to remember it's correct position before you remove it!  After that it's a simple exercise of manouvering the dash pash the steering column and popping it back.

At this stage I stopped as I was just gaining access to the screen mounting bracket in the centre of the dash.  However, you have easy access to the dials which I would expect can be easily removed?!

brad o

Just had big leak from either split heater hose or matrix on AK 1160 anyone out there got good info on dash removal?

dkp_cobra

Maybe this picture from the backside of a MK IV door helps you.

jbottini

Thanks, I believe I can see most of the un obvious screw and clip attachment points...this will be a big help. jim

dkp_cobra

If you need more pictures I can provide nearly everything since my car is totally disjointed.

jbottini

dkp_cobra, do you recall what tool you used to release the inner door handle? Jim

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

dkp_cobra, do you recall what tool you used to release the inner door handle? Jim

Jim,

you don't need a tool. You do it by hand. Just lift the side pointing to the back of the car and shift the upper part to the front. A picture may  say more than thousand words.

Peter