News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Greyhound BEF2551

Started by Mark White, October 17, 2011, 09:56:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark White

I have recently aquired an AC greyhound BEF2551 from Mrs Jones of Drimpton.This one was stripped down for a rebuild many years ago and I have started to put it back together.The differential is missing and I am trying to find out if this was sent to someone locally for a repair.Has anyone any idea who to contact in the Devon/Dorset area for this type of work?.I need to find a replacement complete unit and bushes if not. Any contact details for this would be really helpful.Has any one got one for sale? Also are these units common to any other ACs.I also need to find a new front windscreen and a rear screen. Thanks. Mark White. Tel: 01297 680 208

hawk289

Mark,

We have screens being made for the club (rear screens), please contact Tony Michaels (Chairman). I would also contact John Goose (David's Dad who normally is on the forum. You can find contact information in Action, if you struggle with this send me an email will send on information john_abel289@hotmail.com

John.

johngoose

Hello Mark
   I don't know about the Dorset area but if Mr Jones stripped the car during factory days and had asked the service dept I think he might have been directed to Hardy Engineering at Leatherhead ( 01372 378927) who might be helpful to you in any case.
   Although the innards are ENV as fitted to Volvo the cast aluminium bit carrying the drive shafts is specific to the Greyhound and won't be easy to find - but worth a wanted advert in ACtion.
   If you can't find a greyhound diff then as I mentioned when we spoke, you could fit a Ford with CV joints, rather than the two Hardy Spicers, which I have a feeling is a nicer arrangement. Hardy Engineering could probably help on this.
   Re windscreen, Old School House Windscreens 01932 873506 should be able to help, may even have one on the shelf whilst we have a couple of rear windows in stock - you could have a choice of clear as original or slightly tinted !
   I hope this helps
   Good luck
   John

Mark White

Thanks for your help. I have ordered a windscreen and a rear screen.I am still searching for a diff, I have been offered a diff from an aceca. Any idea if that will fit?.I can probably make up some couplings to fit it if the ratio is any thing like close.