News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

breakdown cover

Started by alexG, August 04, 2011, 22:43:36

Previous topic - Next topic

alexG

Anyone know who will cover an Ace at a sensible price and/or without too many exclusions?
   The car itself is insured through Boncaster but they do not do breakdown.
   Thanks in advance, AlexG

AC Ace Bristol

Alex.

BEX333 with same insurance, full breakdown cover with full get you home from  any European country, breakdown etc etc  with  RAC.

Keith.[:)]..[:)].

alexG

Thanks Keith - do u mean yr car is insured with Boncaster but breakdown is with RAC? Normally the big players dont insure older cars on breakdown!

AC Ace Bristol

Alex

Yes, Car insured with Boncaster  and breakdown cover with RAC.

On return trip from competing on the Manx Classic a few years ago.

Whilst coming of Ferry in Liverpool the Ramps took out my exhaust, kinked the Manifolds, Put outrigger into rear tyre and put tail pipes through rear wing.

The indignity, come home on back of transporter.[:(]

On another occassion  in Brooklands Areea called out RAC due to electrical problem,  RAC guy didnt want to touch the Ace. however we managed to source and rectify problem whilsy RAC engineer looked on.

The AA would not entertain a car of 50 years old on European Cover.
   Hence RAC.

Keith..[:)]

nikbj68

2 calls to the AA for the Greyhound, in the same day! 2nd one resulted in homeward trip on a flatbed.[xx(]
   (All better now though!)

alexG

Thank u both, looks like RAC then as perhaps Greyhound is ok if it's under 50 yrs old.
   Keith , if I hit a blank wall with RAC callcentre perhaps I can get more details from u.
   AlexG

AC Ace Bristol

Alex.

No problem.

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

administrator

If you are a club member there's no car age limit on RAC European Breakdown Cover.  I have taken out cover for my PVT on the Le Mans Classic and Drive Espana expeditions and so far not had to call them out, but those that have report good service.  The Members' Home Page has the ACOC code to use when booking BUT it's out of date - will be updated in the next day or two.