News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Help sourcing a couple of spares for 100/D2 & Solex B32/PBI

Started by Salmo, August 15, 2024, 21:54:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Salmo

Hi,

I need the following spare parts (if available) for my Bristol 100/D2 engine:

The retaining nut that holds the blanking plate on to the rocker cover.
The tube which the air correction jet screws inside that holds the emulsifier tube inside the Solex Carb (B32 PBI).

Any help on sourcing these would be very much appreciated.

Thanks - Chris

10kph

Hi Chris  Did you manage to find an emulsion tube ? If not then I have one spare . Contact me via privat message on this site to make contact
  Tony

Salmo

Gents,

Many thanks for your help and suggestions.

I have found the emulsion tube for sale at carburettor hospital Ltd. And the alloy nut from inracing.com.

I did see this set of alloy nuts on eBay but the one I was looking for has a thread all the way through whereas these are the nuts to hold the full rocker cover in place rather than the actual blanking/observation plate onto the rocker cover.

Thanks again for your help - very much appreciated.

All the best - Chris.

B.P.Bird

Dear Chris,
That little 'thumbwheel' which holds down the breather, or the breather blanking plate, on the Bristol valve rocker covers, is, as you say, different from the valve cover 'thumbwheels.' Here is an indistinct picture which shews them both. Being on LM5000 the ones holding down the rocker covers are the competition variety with the extra hex machined on the top. By the bye the competition version does not have a groove for the retaining circlip and my past practice, on my road cars, has always been to follow suit and omit the circlip. They serve no really useful purpose (being there to prevent careless loss during maintenance I suppose) but a dislodged circlip might have the potential to create internal carnage....

You cannot view this attachment.

You might find someone in the Bristol owners Club: https://www.boc.net/ who has a spare 'thumbwheel' which you could copy, they would be simple to machine, from memory the thread is 1/4" Whit.
Barrie