News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Drag on the clutch - Weller engine Aceca

Started by kicksey, June 21, 2024, 20:19:31

Previous topic - Next topic

kicksey

I am having a problem with crunching gears!   The clutch on my Weller powered Aceca is not properly disengaging.  So far we have tried,  adjusting the clutch so there is almost no free play with no noticeable effect.  pumping the pedal doesn't improve things and the slave cylinder was replaced last year, when the clutch was also bled.   There does not appear to be any oil on the fly wheel so doesn't look like  oil is making the clutch plate stick.  Any thoughts on what else to try other than engine out!!   I assume the engine has to come out to do the clutch? 

Flyinghorse

Oil would make the clutch slip.
I'm assuming you have checked the clutch plate operation via the inspection plate.
There are various things that could be your issue
Type of gearbox oil used
Synchro
Clutch release bearing
Clutch plate and diaphragm
Gearbox input bearing to crankshaft.
Usually the gearbox can be removed and leave engine in car though a lot of the interior may have to be removed.
Someone with an Aceca / who's done it before will hopefully answer your question.
You don't say if it's a standard or lightweight gearbox.
Graham

Klassik Metall

Are the master and slave cylinders of the correct size?
Master 5/8", slave 7/8"
If the sizes are incorrect you may not be getting enough travel on the release bearing,
meaning that the clutch is not fully disengaging.
I'm afraid that the shape of the Aceca bulkhead makes it impossible to withdraw the gearbox far enough into the driving compartment to expose the clutch.
Regards, Luke.