News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Sew-on or iron on patch needed

Started by nikbj68, April 18, 2011, 20:57:06

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

Does anyone have a spare Cobra, AC or AC Owners` Club patch that I could purchase, as I want to put one on some racing overalls for the The 289 Register & GT40 Enthusiasts` Club`s joint track day!
   Our regalia secretary is unable to supply in time for the event, as is the bloke on eBay I just purchased 2 from!!!
   Thanks in advance( & hope!)
   Nik.

nikbj68

Thanks very much for some offers of help that sadly wouldn`t work out logistically, in particular, Gus.

BIG thanks to Sir Cobra of Cobham and the Rev Limiter for unstitching a badge from his bestest winter fleece & sending it special delivery to ensure I got it...I owe you more than just a pint & a fruit-based drink for the lady!!! Something for the desk, maybe?

nikbj68

If you look very carefully, you can just about see the badge from Cobham returning after one of many fast laps around Donington.

What a great circuit, I sampled it as a passenger in a RAM427, Hawk 289 & Superformance GT40, and my Dad was taken out in the Hawk and then by Nigel Hulme in the GT40 too, what a treat!

Click on either pic to view a gallery of the day.

aaron

Looks like you had a good day  [:)]

nikbj68

Hard to put into words, matey, totally fantastic!

Gus Meyjes

original or Superformance GT? Not that it matters, I think the SPF GT 40 Mk 1 is incredible!

Gus

TLegate

Tis the Superformance (Shelby) UK demonstrator with Rousch grunt. Still in the process of having its bugs developed out, but quite a beast. Painted in the colo(u)rs of the defunct Brawn team...partly my fault I think, but in the metal it looks amazing....

nikbj68

There were in excess of 30 GT40`s at Donington, one or 2 of which were original, but blimey, I couldn`t tell which ones! I think there were at least half a dozen different 40 replica manufacturers` products there(maybe more).
    The Rousch motor gives over 450lbft of torque so it goes up the hills as fast as it goes down them and I WANT THAT CAR! Even in the Marmite colourscheme (You either love it or hate it, for those not familiar with Marmite).
   You should have been there, Mr.L!

TLegate

The drag to Donington is long and VERY boring...I need it moved closer to moi! Anyway, that bad boy lives 5 miles down t'road from me so why haul oop north to see it?

I reckon it's more fun taking that car on the road that going round and round a track ;-) Slower of course, but Fun....and not a little scary sometimes!