News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Silverstone Classic 2011

Started by AK1161, December 26, 2010, 13:23:29

Previous topic - Next topic

AC Ace Bristol

Louis.

Speak to John Abel..........AC Monoposto  was at ACOC GoodWood Sprint last weekend.

John should be able to confirm where abouts or at least pass on your contact details.
   Tony Michaels can also throw some light on the history of this AC Ex Aceca Monoposto.

Keith

Robin A Woolmer

Talk to James Harris of TT Workshops (now Bristol Motors i believe), he owns the car or certainly drives it.

Robin

hawk289

I'm not sure the exact history, first year it turned up I placed in Aceca class (if you look basically is an aceca chassis. Just give James a ring @ Bristol Engines) John

3.8Jaguar

quote:
Originally posted by hawk289

I'm not sure the exact history, first year it turned up I placed in Aceca class (if you look basically is an aceca chassis. Just give James a ring @ Bristol Engines) John

Long story short!
   1959 Aceca , written off early on, turned into single seat raced in France and Belgium in club and National events. Again broken up, lost then found again by current owner with beginnings of 289 body being grafted on. Nick Upton then commissioned us to return to single seat configuration, so all bar chassis and some components re manufactured by us. Conclusion GREAT FUN!
   www.bristolengineering.co.uk

Louism

Thank you all.

I think I had the answear very close from me with...Georges Maitre (BEX 1192 and former owner of this single seat) !