News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC Bristol, or AC Ace Bristol?

Started by AC Bill, October 12, 2010, 16:07:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AC Bill

As I mentioned in one of my first posts after joining the forums, that my interest in these cars began with my sisters boyfriend owning an AC Bristol.
   He reffered to the car as an AC Bristol, and I have always thought of them as being named as such, until I read several posts in these forums.
    Here they always appear to be reffered to as AC "Ace" Bristols, rather than simply AC Bristol. Why the addition of Ace is included I am not sure. Was there actually some models that were called AC Bristols, and others that were known as AC Ace Bristols..[?]

nikbj68

The AC Ace was made with the AC engine, then with the Bristol engine.
   (Then, with the Ford Zephyr engine, but that`s a whole nuther story!)
   AC also made the Aceca & Greyhound with an AC engine, and the Bristol engine.
   So, Bristol wasn`t the model, it was the engine fitted to the Ace (or Aceca or Greyhound) model. [:)]

jrlucke

I believe the distinction is that the Ace is the roadster and Acceca the coupe version.

Therefore an AC Ace Zephyr or Ace 2.6 represents the Zephyr engined roadster, AC Ace Bristol the Bristol engined roadster, etc.

AC Bill

Thanks for that info!
   That makes sense, in that it distinguishes what vehicle in particular, is being discussed..[:)]