News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC bellhousing and gearbox - any ideas?

Started by andrew, September 08, 2010, 23:45:21

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew

Help please! I have found a bellhousing and gearbox amongst crates of non-AC engines and 'boxes. Not being or knowing any AC people, I thought someone on here may be able to help to identify it.

Photos here: http://s833.photobucket.com/albums/zz252/af99/

It has a direct linkage between the clutch pedal and the release fork, a particularly long gear stick and a separate AC casting on the bellhousing. Also, it's of no great use to me so I'm looking for a home for it...

Many thanks in advance for any help.

hawk289

Andrew,

That is a moss gearbox, non-Aceca / Ace as they had an external clutch slave cylinder. Robin who normally hangs out here will know I'm sure which series of car it came from, but looks like a Saloon car from the 50's to me

andrew

Thanks very much for the response. It does look Moss like apart from the top casing and the bellhousing plate. Any other info or takers gratefully received. It's near Aldermaston in Berks.

AC Bill

Did some moss trannys have the AC embossed inspection plate?