News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Aceca hatch back fixing question

Started by kicksey, October 14, 2022, 15:01:47

Previous topic - Next topic

kicksey

Hello

AE513 is almost complete, just finishing the interior re-trim.  I would like to know how the arm that holds the hatchback open should be attached to the body of the car?   Mine was with 4 self tapping screws into the aluminium internal wing.  Is this correct?  Feels like it should be nuts&bolts

Regards
Chris

nicksonsticks

Hi Chris,  my Aceca is still an long way from reassembly so all these bits are still in boxes. From memory (Please don't rely on this!) I think you're correct about the screws with  nuts but if I can get to the right box easily I'll have a look and get back to you There is also a small wedge fitted between the tailgate stay and the inner wing. Hope this is of help.
Kind regards Nick

dkp_cobra

Quote from: kicksey on October 14, 2022, 15:01:47
Hello

AE513 is almost complete, just finishing the interior re-trim.  I would like to know how the arm that holds the hatchback open should be attached to the body of the car?   Mine was with 4 self tapping screws into the aluminium internal wing.  Is this correct?  Feels like it should be nuts&bolts

Regards
Chris
Chris,
you are correct in both ways. Yes, only 4 self tapping screws are used but nuts&bolts would be better. Best would be to use a bigger aluminium plate under der internal wing in the area where you use the nuts resp. rivet nuts.
Regards,Peter

kicksey

Thanks Peter for your response. That's helpful

kicksey

Thanks Nick,  might try to make a plate to strengthen the area