News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Paint Code

Started by duggan, June 17, 2010, 09:08:07

Previous topic - Next topic

duggan

Hello All,

I'm in the process of getting a hard-top made for the 212 S/C (Thanks Alan F-S for putting me onto Pete:)), but am struggling to find out the paint code, as I'd like the top to match the body colour.

Any ideas (I've searched in the engine bay etc and only have the chassis/engine number and VIN)?

Thanks,

James

linklaw

My paint code is on a self adhesive label stuck in the engine compartment next to the number plate. All it says is "Mercedes Nautical Blue". I called the Mercedes dealer and got some touch up paint for a 1985 Mercedes in Nautical Blue and it matches. I have seen other cars with the same type ID label.

nikbj68

Hi James. I think I read somewhere once that your Cobra was a Porsche red, and looking at the MkIV for sale that Fred spotted which is Porsche Guards Red I`m fairly sure this might be a good place to start looking. Hope this helps!

TLegate

I read that they had an old tin of Dulux kicking around..... ;-)

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

I read that they had an old tin of Dulux kicking around..... ;-)

Trev ....

ACtually  .......  THEY  HAD TWO.... with matching numbers !!

Keith   [:0]