News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Dash Electrical Switches

Started by Kiwi Cobra, June 14, 2010, 09:56:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwi Cobra

Hi All, my rocker type switches are sun bleached and looking a bit sad on my '88 Mk4, can anyone tell me what car they came from please or where to find original type replacements?,thanks.

cobham cobra

I have the same problem of sun bleaching with the switches on my '91 MkIV and would be very interested to know if replacements are available. I've been looking for a few years and have been told they may be Ford or Mercedes.
   John.

bobbylangley

Me too. Mine are very sad. I think the heater controls come off a Merc so they may well be MB parts.

Mark IV

The round twist HVAC controls are Benz. The rocker switches I think are Rover.

Kiwi Cobra

Any idea on the models of the Merc & Rover please Mark IV?,thanks,Steve.

bobbylangley

I had a 1994 C180 and they looked the same as those from memory

Mark IV

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Cobra

Any idea on the models of the Merc & Rover please Mark IV?,thanks,Steve.

I have NEVER been able to keep up with Benz model numbers! It would have been then current 1984 model, the smaller model as I recall.

Rover...no idea.....

jbottini

probably a US C240 class from '84

AK1161

I am working on this as i also have the same problem and have been in contact with 4 different potential suppliers. When they reply i will let you know what the form is. PS does anybody know where i can purchase the mushroom grommets that are pushed into the bodywork where the bonnet closes to prevent metat on metal. I think there are about a dozen of them.
   Thanks, Luke

jbottini

Suppossedly Capri gas door "bumpers" , I bought a dozen somwhere, but found you must shave the shank (part that goes into hole)with razor to take the "lip" off and use a very small amount of silicone to retain them.

AK1161

Have hunted around for these having seen your earlier post but with no joy. Will ring Gerry at hawk or Steve at heritage and see what they suggest.
   Thanks, Luke

jbottini