News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

1960 Aceca Radiator

Started by Lev, April 19, 2022, 21:24:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Lev

Hi

I'm new to AC ownership and have a 1960 Bristol engined Aceca. It has an aftermarket aluminium radiator that needs a re-core. I would appreciate any advice on what I should expect to pay for this or better still if I might be able to source an original?

Thanks in advance

Lev

B.P.Bird

Lev,
Best wishes for your journey with the Aceca Bristol. Not sure where you are, but in the UK I believe the best people for special radiators, oil or water, are Serck Competitions department at Park Royal.
One route to an original water radiator is to start with a 2 litre saloon radiator. They are basically an identical unit, but on the saloon incorporate a a flange that seals the space around the radiator. This flange can be removed to make it like the Aceca or Ace. Be aware that the later Ace/Aceca and Ace/Aceca 2.6 used a Greyhound pattern radiator which had a more rectangular header tank.
You will find many photographs in various publications, for example Rinsey Mills' 'A.C. Six Cylinder Sports Cars.'
Barrie

B.P.Bird

Lev,
Forgot to say you should really be posting on the Ace, Aceca & Greyhound Forum
Barrie

AK1161

Hi Lev,
I have an original radiator for a Bristol engined car if you are interested..... I have sent you a PM but with no reply.....I hope you see this post.
Cheers Luke

ctpearce

I had a new aluminium radiator made up for my 1957 Aceca recently by Classic Autos - Nick Finburgh  (07966461960 )-( Nick@finburghs.co.uk ) exactly as my original. Looks right and does a good job. (they're excellent on everything else as well - mechanical and bodywork). Chris