News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Aceca Rubber seal tailgate

Started by Stephan, April 26, 2010, 11:49:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephan

My Aceca is missing its rubber seal for the tailgate. As far as I can see it from pictures the sealing is attached to the tailgate and not to the body, but I have no idea how it has to look and which profile to use. Anybody can help?

Thanks,

Stephan

59 Aceca

Stephan,

Please see the attached photos of the rubber seal for my Aceca's rear hatch.  On my car, the seal has been applied to the body of the car, not the hatch itself.  I'm not sure if this is correct but that is how it has been done on my car.  As far as profile, the material itself is 1/2" wide by 1/4" thick.  Hope this is helpful.

Greg

AC Ace Bristol

Stephan

Not sure of the correct profile, but can confirm the name and telephone number of the main supplier of all Rubber & Sponge Rubber extrusions / mouldings to wholesalers like ...  ... Holden,
   Paul Beck &  Vintage Supplies to name but a few.

C.O.H  Baines Ltd
   9 Park Road
   Tunbridge Wells
   Kent
   TN4 9JP
   England

Tel:  0044 (0) 1892 543311

Not sure if they have a web site , but worth contacting as they have a vast range and could well furnish you with a small sample of appropiate profiles.

Vintage Supplies :-  www.completeautomobilist.com
                        www.vintagesupplies.com
   tel:-   0044 (0) 1692 650455 & 650084

Holden Vintage & Classic:-  www.holden.co.uk
   Tel     0044 (0) 1885 488000
   email:  sales@holden.co.uk

Edgeware Motor Accessories
   tel:    0044 (0) 2089 504694

Good Luck  [;)]

Keith

Stephan

Thank you both for helping. I already mailed Woolies and asked them but I got no reply yet. So I will try the others. Thanks again,

Stephan