News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Ace "Brooklands" under construction May 1999

Started by Mark IV, November 25, 2006, 21:36:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark IV

Here are photos of the LHD 4.6 powerd Ace that was to be our demonstrator and Detroit International Auto Show display unit. This car was repainted later in a "Diamond Ice Blue" color for a promotion with DeBeers Diamonds that never happened. It was shown at the Birmingham show however.

First a piture of how the painted body/chassis units arrived from Hi-Tech in Port Elizabeth, South Africa..they were racked two high, this one has been split off and is ready for the "factory."

And more of the blue car under construction...

You would absolutly crap if you knew how little AC paid for the body/chassis units.....chump change compared to what they tried to sell the cars for![:0]

More to come in the near future....

Rick

keithjecks

Rick

This is fantastic stuff. There is so much I would like to know about these cars, but there is so little documented. Things like what they were actually made of - there seems to be some doubt whether they were actually stainless chasses, for example. Do you fancy doing something for Action? It would be well read.

Keith

RJE

In case anyone is interested, there are two Ace's for sale at present - one with Legends Automotive (supercharged) and one with Unicorn Motor Company (4 wheel drive prototype their website says).
   RJE

Mark IV

The blue "S50 ACE" at Legends was a car I have driven. 5.0 with supercharger, very nice. The sales manager at AC, Jim Hogan,  was driving it in May 99.
   Rick