News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

1986 Mk IV radiator

Started by nikbj68, January 07, 2010, 08:58:49

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

Moved over from the Vintage, PVT & 2 Litre Forum [:)]
quote:
Originally posted by rsteller9@msn.com
   Does anyone know the source of radiator for 1986 AC MK IV 's with 302 motor?

dkp_cobra

Rod,

what's wrong with your radiator? Does it has a leak? Since it is a copper radiator it should be quite easy to repair it using a new grid.

Regards, Peter

bobbylangley

I had to have a new one in my 1989 MkIV (with 302) and it was put in by Steve Gray at Brooklands though don't know where it came from.

C9OBY

Rod,

I've just replaced my radiator and was assisted in identifying the correct one by a company called US Automotive (UK company in Bedford).  I suggest you call them on 01234 273 155 and ask to speak to Bob.  I sent him photos of my original and they managed to identify it and source it from the US.  It arrived today!

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by C9OBY...I've just replaced my radiator...It arrived today!

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but, does that mean you are nearly up & running again? [:)]

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by C9OBY...I've just replaced my radiator...It arrived today!

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but, does that mean you are nearly up & running again? [:)]

Nik

Now that wasn't called for,  You could have at least been a bit tactfull, Seriously, I believe things are progressing well,  might be hampered soon with the arrival of SPROG  number 2.  Mind you if he is up on Dyper Duty... he could always do the odd hour in the workshop...  ...  Good on yer Bruce.

OOOPPpppsss  Sorry, Now that really has Hi-Jacked the thread.

Meanwhile back at the workshop.  The New Radiator is about to be fitted... ...  [|)][|)][|)][|)][|)]  Nudge nudge....  your turn again Bruce !!

Keith  [:I]  [;)]

C9OBY

Keith, Nik,

Things are progressing well, on both fronts :o)

Sprog #2 is due within the next week, as is a new coat of paint on the Cobra.  Talk about perfect timing! As you rightly say Keith, it will be a challenge to get into the garage when dypers need changing!

The bodywork competed last week and this week was spent preparing it for paint.  Hence following paint next week, all that will remain is re-assembly.  While the body was undergoing repair, I had all the suspension parts, brackets, ancilliaries etc reconditioned.  Everything is looking fantastic and almost-weekly visits have helped raise spirits.

I still aim to have the car back on the road in early spring, but we'll see how it goes. Experience to far indicates that very often it's the tiniest little things that hold up proceedings.  For example, not having the correct left-hand thread bottom tap can hold up re-assembly on the suspension by a week, despite the re-threading only taking a few moments to complete...).

I've been taking photos throughout and will post a selection of pre/post photos once things come back together again.

Sorry for continuing the hijack, but I'm sure Rod will forgive me!

Bruce