News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

BEX1146 on eBay (again)

Started by bex316, November 04, 2009, 01:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim A

That is not a bad looking AC, but I wonder if it bothers anyone else that the name "Bristol" continues to be associated with it.

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by Jim A

That is not a bad looking AC, but I wonder if it bothers anyone else that the name "Bristol" continues to be associated with it.

They`ve even taken off the 'AC Bristol' badge & just got the round AC one on the nose!

(Also, is it actually owned by an ACOC member?)

I suppose as it was 'born' as a Brizzle (and will always bear it`s 'BEX' chassis no.) it is fair to still describe it as such, even with the Ford V8 in,
   at least they aren`t calling it a CobrAce or AceBra!
   Incidentally, how much torsional strength would this chassis longitudinal and 'X' bracing add?

Not as much as sleeving, I would guess?

bex316

Auction ended. Highest bid $ 126,100 but reserve not met so remains unsold.

Jerry

pjbowman

Not sure I believe the bid is real, either.
Peter B.

pls01

The x-brace adds little to the torsional stiffness since it is all in one plane.

Note the C channels welded to the underside of the main tubes.

Welder, check. Scrap iron, check. Case of Bud, check.

Gus Meyjes

That is a steep reserve for a modified, non original, car. I realize Ac's have been commanding a hefty value increase over the past few years, but this looks like the 126K should have been right on the money.

Gus