News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

CF64 Air Ducting

Started by Englishman, October 12, 2009, 05:51:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Englishman

As we continue the saga can somebody help me with the routing of the ducting from the Blowers back to the firewall ?
   A description and/or photo would be helpful.
   It is finally coming together with xmas a realistic completion time.

Cheers

Peter

cliffordl

Do you mean the 5 inch diameter ducting running down either side of the engine bay? Early models had it inside but on later models the ducting ran inside the wing in an attempt to keep temperatures down.

Englishman

Hi Clifford,

Hold the phone as I am waiting for some photos of the area that is the mystery i.e. some vents in the foot wells. They do not appear to be conected to anything and would let in water in rain. I am seperated from my car by a considerable distance so have to wait for clarification.

I will be in the UK briefly at the begining of November around the Farnham Common/Gerrards Cross area.

Cheers

Peter

cobham cobra

Hi Peter,
   FYI there is a good representation / sample of ACOC members in the Surrey area, It's a shame you will be in the UK in early November as we meet on the third Sunday of the month at The Parrot, Horsham Road, Forest Green, Surrey RH5 5RZ
   http://www.theparrot.co.uk/

Visiting Surrey will also give you the opportunity to visit Steve Gray's workshops at Brookland Motors and AC Heritage, The chaps at Thunder Road and Andy Shepherd as well as the Brooklands Museum http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/

None of it is far from Farnham so let me know how when you plan to be in the UK.
   Cheers - John.

Englishman

Hi John,

will be arriving from the USA on Sunday 1st November and leaving on 5th Nov, I have to be in London for the 4th for meetings.

I will be staying in Farnham Common Buckinghamshire.

I met Andy Shepherd a couple of years ago and he was and is very informative on the Frua.

Peter

cobham cobra

Hi Peter,
   Ah ! You will be here the wrong end of November for the monthly meeting and Farnham Common in Buckinghamshire is different to Farnham in Surrey, so unfortunately you will not be as close as I thought. It's about a round trip of 70 miles (or on UK roads - 2 hours)
   Cheers - John.

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

Hi Peter,
   Ah ! You will be here the wrong end of November for the monthly meeting and Farnham Common in Buckinghamshire is different to Farnham in Surrey, so unfortunately you will not be as close as I thought. It's about a round trip of 70 miles (or on UK roads - 2 hours)
   Cheers - John.

Peter ... "Zeee Englishman"  ....

Give me a call Monday or Tuesday 2nd /3rd November,  See if we can rendezvous in or around farnham, Bucks.  Would be nice to put a name to a faceespecially as we have communicated on the Forum.

If wheather reasonable will come in Ace  BEX333,  mind you 160 mile round trip in British November evening can induce Hyperthermia.

Mobile number  0044 (0)7889 298 226

Keith Lessiter
   BEX333

Michael Trotter

Peter
   428's differ in detail. The fresh air ventilation seems to have been developed during the production run and some early cars were modified later. The Smiths heater has been removed from CF6 but it has a warm air screen demisting system and two fans at the front end feeding fresh air to the footwells via three and a quarter inch ducting under the wings and open/closed valves operated by bowden cables.
   If you have time you are welcome to come and have a look at this and other details on CF6. I am in north east Hampshire, a bit under 40 miles from Farnham Common, telephone 01256.862603.
   Michael

Englishman

Hi Michael,

Will give you a call when I get in.

Many Thanks

Peter

Englishman

Hi Guys,

I am in the UK but shock horror working, and time has got the better of me as I leave for Hong Kong in the morning.

Should be retiring next year so hopefully will catch up then.

sorry for not contacting any one but time really has flown by.

Cheers

Peter