News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

"VNUK" law to be scrapped in the UK

Started by administrator, February 21, 2021, 09:24:10

Previous topic - Next topic

administrator

Big col

If the EU don't get to the same place it will mean a surcharge for a green card.
My suspicions of the insurance industry is that they will charge a premium anyway and find an excuse to extort us.
I might be rough but I'm slow as well.

paho

VNUK or the proposal for "compulsory insurance against civil liability in respect of the use of vehicles" seems to be a
non-event here. With respect to motor racing its already a requirement to have insurance and a racing licence since way back.

Seem to remember paying for Green cards in UK back in the 1970's, but here they were free of charge then and still free now.
/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

GSouthee

Yep I agree with Monty, Insure all the Tractors, lawnmowers off roader only vehicles.

Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

administrator

Good to report that the FIA's lobbying has now worked in Brussels:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20210617IPR06467/deal-reached-on-new-rules-to-better-protect-road-accident-victims

Note particularly "Vehicles intended exclusively for motorsports are also excluded."