News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Very Cheap '98 ACE

Started by Mark-Anthony, October 30, 2006, 17:07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark-Anthony

Hi Guys

I have just spotted an automatic 1998 ACE on Autotrader for £15/16,000 (I forget which).  www.autotrader.com Great looking car.  Full service history with AC and Redline, owner's had it 3 years and done 3,000 miles.   It's done 24,000 total.

He says he's just bought another sports car so the AC's got to go.  I have spoken to the vendor and he says he'll put it back in Autotrader's next issue for £14,500 and he'll go no lower.  He tells me that he's put it in Autotrader on and off for a year now.

Me?  I'd offer him £12,000 in notes and see how he twiches.  He currently runs a Ferrari so I don't think he needs the money.  If I had a more tolerant wife (or a garage she didn't know about) I'd buy the damn thing myself.

If any of you lot buy it after this posting you'll owe me a beer!

Mark-Anthony

I would like to have a look at it but cant find it on autotrader ???

Ron

Mark IV

Ron,
   Be aware that a 98 Ace is not EPA/Dot approved so can only be brought in to the US as a "display/race/collector" vehicle and cannot LEGALLY be registered.
   And besides, I still don't have an Ace here in the US so I don't want to be upstaged!

Rick

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by AK3024

I would like to have a look at it but cant find it on autotrader ???
   Ron

It`s on www.autotrader.co.uk, not .com
   Select AC & Ace from the dropdown lists, it`s the only one there ATM.
   You`ll need a UK 'zipcode' for the search,
   How`s about Buckingham Palace? SW1A 1AA
   Cheers, Nik.[:D]

MarkIV I was only going to display it or collect it ????  LOL  I gotta check it out ??

Ron

Max Allan

At that price it's almost worth buying for spares.... I could do with a hood to replace the one nicked by AC.

keithjecks

What happenned?

By the way, let's do as you suggested and meet up in a couple of weeks. it would be good to swap notes

Max Allan

What happened.... you mean as far as the hood? Story goes the hood manufacturer in Germany went broke (or refused to supply due to non-payment) leaving the Company with new Aces, but no hoods. Solution? Removed the hoods from cars sitting in their showroom - hence mine has all the mechanism, but no actual hood. When I bought the car from Duncan Hamilton in '99 (who acquired it from AC) I had the option of the last remaining hardtop or he'd have a hood made. I went for the hardtop, which is OK, but on a warm summer's day you can't beat driving with the top down - something I can't do unless I'm convinced it won't rain!

How was Goodwood? A good day?

I'd look forward to meeting up ace4.6. Try and make it within the next couple of weeks, while there's a chance of the weather holding up and before we get fouled up with Christmas....ah Christmas - there's a happy thought!! Send me an email so as we can arrange something.

maxallan@bretoncourt.fsbusiness.co.uk

Cheers Max