News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Ace Tire Pressures

Started by pls01, April 12, 2008, 03:29:49

Previous topic - Next topic

pls01

Wondering what other Ace owners are running for tire pressures?  The manual calls for 22 front and 24 rear.

I have Michelin Racing Radials 5.50 x 16.  With 22 front and 24 rear, the tires seem uninflated.  There is lots of rolling resistance and the side walls get warm, but the handling is OK.  Pressures of 28-30 front and 30-32 rear seem to work better.

Are current radials that much different from the vintage Michelin X?

aex125

Peter,
   At this point I am running 28/28 (cold) but have not driven my car very much as I am still working on the little things. Based on the amount of driving I have done, I cannot say whether these pressures are optimum, but have not noticed anything funny going on. I also have a 289 in my car so I am guessing the AC recommended pressures for the front would be low.
   Jay

AC Ace Bristol

Peter

BEX333 is running on Avon Turbo steels  165Hr16  (550x16)

Have covered just over 10,000 miles inclusive of a few race meetings, hill climbs & sprints.  Still plenty of tread ( Even wear across the width of tread) and handling is very positive, much better than the couple of sets of Dunlop racers previously fitted.

Tyre pressures for general road use :- 28psi (front)  30 psi (rear)  extra few psi when cold for track use.

Keith