News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

New and Confused

Started by GaryC, January 08, 2008, 04:37:58

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryC

AEX595 has just  surfaced after being in storage since 1964.  This is great site with just the sort of info I need to swap the Bristol back to the correct AC engine.  However, I have tried emailing members thru the ACOC without a response and think my  Mac/Safari browser is involved.  I tried Firefox but it won't let me log in even after logging out of Safari.  I saw the other related post.  Any clues??  Thanks!

administrator

The Safari/Mac combination is not supported and is known to give problems.  I haven't had definite feedback (just a few vague rumours) about Firefox not working until now.  I have had feedback that Mozilla does work - if you try it and it's OK, please post a reply and highlight any issues.

bobbylangley

I use a Mac only and cannot use Safari but Firefox works all the time for me. You can always try the old standby, restart(!!) but Firefox works even with Safari open at the same time

Emmanueld

I use a Mac with Firefox and it works great!

Emmanuel

GaryC

Solved the log in problem with Firefox....I have to use the Forums login box rather than the "members" box that appears on the homepage and elsewhere.  Thats a great motivation to send off a check pronto.  Still don't know if directly emailing someone who posts will work without being a full fledged member.  Thanks for your help.  Gary

administrator

The Members' Login box on the Home page gets you in to the Members' area of the site - the username and password is printed at the bottom of the title page of ACtion.  The Forum area is completely separate and you choose your own username and password, so non-members can also contribute.