News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Another steering column question!!

Started by Superarnie Mk2, October 28, 2007, 18:19:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Superarnie Mk2

As some of you may know, I am completing the build of Superblower Chassis No. ACSB 7020. I am planning on fitting a retro style roadster dash instead of the standard Superblower dash. The steering column on the Superblowers is a Ford Granada item (1992 ish year), with the big column cowling and indicator/wiper stalks on either side of it. I would like to fit the Mota Lita wheel/hub and the old style VW Karmann Ghia indicator stalk. I have noticed that many of the Mark 4's are fitted with similar equipment, but I think the steering column is slightly different to mine. Can anybody tell me if they have done this conversion and what was the solution?

Many thanks
   Gary

nikbj68

Hi. Did you contact Gerry Hawkridge, as I suggested in the Mk4/Superblower Steering racks thread? He`ll sort you out, I`m sure.

cobham cobra

I'm sure Gerry will be able to help you, but you may also want to have a chat with "Big Al" at Thunder Road. Making and fitting a Mk III style dash into a Mk IV is a conversion they have made quite a number of times. They are in Surrey and their number 01483 7633991.
   Cheers - John.

NB:Other than being a (happy) customer of Thunder Road I have no connection with the business.