News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

original Ace/cobra seats needed

Started by msgsobe, September 07, 2007, 05:19:39

Previous topic - Next topic

msgsobe

Not repro, complete, but condition unimportant. thanks. mark

aex125

Are you looking for Cobra or Ace seats as they are different, and even the cobra seats were different between the coil and leaf spring chassis. I know you said no repros, but Bill Kemper (US) makes exact copies of Cobra seats (wants a chassis number to make sure it is for a real car, but told me he would do some for my Ace if I desired) and  Dave Sanderson (UK) makes exact copies for Aces. Neither is cheap, but what is for these cars.
   Jay

msgsobe

that a tough call.. it's for 63 prototype MA 200, the car currently has some 60's style sport seats, but we know they are not original..car was built in 62-63, so I'm guessing hurlock would have used ace seats, altho the car has many cobra components.. any comments are appreciated!

aex125

While I cannot personally verify the following statement, I was told ( I think by Ron Leonard) that a few of the first Cobras were outfitted with Ace seats. If that statement is true, it would not be a stretch to think MA200 could have come with Ace seats. Ron also told me Aceca seats were a little different than Ace seats, and if that is true maybe MA 200 came with Aceca seats?
   Jay

msgsobe

what are the differences between ace and cobra seats?

aex125

I believe there are construction differences bewteen them (Al seat pan versus rubber, number of pleats, etc) but the big visual difference is the backs of the Cobra seats are a continuos curve where the Ace versions are straight across the back and then turn forward at an approx 45 degree angle. I was told the Aceca seats look the same as the Ace seats, but they are tilted back slightly more, so they are a little more comfortable.