News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Wanted : original 289 Cobra fan blade

Started by A-Snake, February 07, 2008, 22:14:45

Previous topic - Next topic

A-Snake

I am looking for an original 4 bladed fan blade that came on 289 Cobras. Many were removed by original owners after the break-in period. Most had the tips of the blades painted yellow. Would prefer an unrestored example but would consider a restored one.

Thanks

Mark IV

That would be the C2DZ-8600-D 4 blade fan from a Falcon 144/170 CID six cylinder engine. I may know of a new one.

A-Snake

Mark IV,
   I don't believe the Falcon blade is the same. The Falcon fan is a greater diameter than the Cobra and is constructed differently where the blades join.

Mark IV

A-Snake,

Could be, I have always been under the impression that the stock water pump mounted fan was the Falcon unit, but that could be one of the many "set-in-stone" beliefs that have been proven wrong over the years. So many Cobra "facts" have been reprinted, retold and regurgitated so may times that they wave become "legend", even if they are wrong!

A-Snake

quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

A-Snake,

Could be, I have always been under the impression that the stock water pump mounted fan was the Falcon unit, but that could be one of the many "set-in-stone" beliefs that have been proven wrong over the years. So many Cobra "facts" have been reprinted, retold and regurgitated so may times that they wave become "legend", even if they are wrong!

So true! The 'look' of the two is very close. The body support tubing that runs on either side of the fan area would be very very close to the Falcon blade. [;)]
   Some of the "set-in-stone" beliefs have come from restorers that used a non original replacement 'will-work' part years ago that eventually became original. [^]