News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

ACE Dynamo Type and Rev Counter take off

Started by PaulAnderson, July 31, 2017, 08:30:48

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulAnderson

Hi,

Could someone tell me the Lucas Dynamo number/type for a UMB engined ACE? C39? C40?

Also, where is the takeoff for the rev counter cable?

Many thanks

Paul

SBB

Moss Europe can supply the little gearbox which takes its drive from the back of a dynamo which has that facility. I know that Austin Healey Sprite and MG Midget were do equipped. I presume Moss will know which model the dynamo is.

Robin A Woolmer

Paul
   The rev counter is driven through a 3-1 gearbox from the cross shaft drive, the special gearbox is fixed to the distributor mounting housing on the nearside of the engine!

Robin

Klassik Metall

The correct dynamo for an AC engined Ace is a C39 PV2 Lucas Part No. 22258E. The correct pulley is a cast alloy type with integral fins.

The 3:1 ratio tacho drive gearboxes were only fitted to the Ace & Aceca, as the 2 Litre wasn't fitted with a Tacho. Unfortunately these small gearboxes are made of solid unobtainium, I was searching for one for four years before one eventually turned up on Ebay.

Regards Luke.

Robin A Woolmer

Luke & Paul
   I had some of these tacho drive boxes made last year & still have a few in stock!

Robin

PaulAnderson

Thank you both.

Robin I have sent you an email.

I have a picture given to me by Will on this forum. Not sure how to post it here fro reference?

Best wishes.

Paul.

Klassik Metall

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the info, I have a friend who has also been searching for one of these tacho drives so I'll pass on your contact details to him.

Regards Luke.

PaulAnderson

Thanks to Robin Woolmer I now have an angle drive.

Best wishes

Paul.