News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Decibels

Started by Vince Caldicott, January 21, 2017, 21:10:47

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

Yes, that`s what I meant by Cut-outs, but I was thinking a little more 'OldSkool'!

Just thought that it might be difficult if your collectors come straight out to the pipes as 4-into-1... Not sure Vince is planning on running at the front of the Goodwood TT, so a few extra pounds of iron shouldn`t hurt too much!

rsk289

I had a beautiful stainless system custom made for my 289 with stock rear-exit pipes having one small silencer under each seat.  This was made by JR Fabrications on the outskirts of Derby - they even managed to made the large radius curves that bolt up to the 4 cast manifolds, which nobody else could do.  This system looks great and is fairly quiet, reasonable at around a grand.
   http://www.jrfabrications.co.uk
   Otherwise, there's Dean at Pipecraft in Basildon who is a lot cheaper and quicker, but does a fabulous job as you want it.  The welding's not as pretty, though.

Roger

Rob.Hendriks

Nik, there's "oldskool" and "agriskool", think they came from the latters museum

shep

Chan who races a Cobra RAM Kit and comes to our Goodwood Sprint runs dirty great side pipes, but they meet the noise regs. I suggest buying a pair of quiet silencers, and make the mountings on these and your originals simple enough for a quick change. If you can't do it yourself, someone like Big Al at thunderroadspeedshop.co.uk will be able to help.Cheers, Andy.

Vince Caldicott

Hi Andy, thanks for that, my cars going into Big Al on the 14th for some work, I will ask him if he can solve the problem.
   Regards. Vince