News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

CSX2000 FOR SALE!!!!

Started by nikbj68, July 02, 2016, 15:20:25

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

No. I checked. It's not April the 1st.
   CSX2000, the first EVER Cobra is coming to market.

According to CLASSIC DRIVER the "most significant American Car of them all (discuss [8D]) is consigned to RM's Monterey Auction in August!

Time to spend the kids' inheritance, mortgage a kidney, sell the wife.....[:0]

ROAD & TRACK

AC Bill

Wow..That is hard to believe.
    Should really be donated to a museum rather than end up in the hands of a private collector, possibly in China?

I guess Shelby's family would prefer the money?

TLegate

It's been a funny old year. What next I wonder?

I hope Shelby's family enjoying spending his inheritance

jbottini

Which color will it be when sold?

Cobra Ned

Don't believe the hype about CSX 2000 being repainted in a rainbow of colors. Never happened. It was pearlescent yellow until the late 60's and then Shelby had it repainted the same blue it wears today. It was a fun story though.

A-Snake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wFAwPZ4cGk

At about the 10 minute mark Rinsey discusses the 'legend' of changing colors.

TLegate

I thought about buying it and placing it on a plinth in Thames Ditton High Street. Time it came home :)

Just sayin', is all......

A-Snake

TLegate

There's an empty plinth in Trafalgar Square, Londinium as well. (Google it if you live on the windy side of the Atlantic)

We done got plinths aplenty over here, yessirree. I do love a damn good plinth.

As it happens, today's word is 'rondeau'. Do keep up Mr.Snake :)

rsk289

quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

There's an empty plinth in Trafalgar Square, Londinium as well. (Google it if you live on the windy side of the Atlantic)

We done got plinths aplenty over here, yessirree. I do love a damn good plinth.

As it happens, today's word is 'rondeau'. Do keep up Mr.Snake :)

Ah yes, plinth - famous pop artist, now dead I believe.  I used to know a Welsh baker called Rondeau.  Actually, it might have been Ron the deau, come to think of it...

MkIV Lux