News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Replica or not?

Started by brian2000, May 07, 2007, 19:57:28

Previous topic - Next topic

brian2000

I have always wanted to own a Cobra and now I have the opportunity of buying one.
   From the limited knowledge I have it seems there are "originals" and "kit cars" and also "replicas"

I have the opportunity of buying an AC cobra advertised as a "1986 AC Cobra 302 V8" and I'd like to know what the situation is in respect what type of Cobra this is..............Is it a real Cobra or, if not, what is it likely to be.

If possible, I'd also appreciate a rough guide to the value of this type of Cobra.

Thanks in advance.
   Brian.

hawk289

Brian,

All down to Chassis number, assume if it is an Ac then this is a MkIV. Do you have the Chassis number, I'm sure someone can help.

John.

cobham cobra

I suggest you contact the MkIV registrar and see if you can find out more about the car in question. He is Alan Faulkner-Stevens and his number is 01908 671277.
   All the best - John.

keithjecks

quote:
Originally posted by brian2000

I have always wanted to own a Cobra and now I have the opportunity of buying one.
   From the limited knowledge I have it seems there are "originals" and "kit cars" and also "replicas"

I have the opportunity of buying an AC cobra advertised as a "1986 AC Cobra 302 V8" and I'd like to know what the situation is in respect what type of Cobra this is..............Is it a real Cobra or, if not, what is it likely to be.

If possible, I'd also appreciate a rough guide to the value of this type of Cobra.

Thanks in advance.
   Brian.

Gus Meyjes

You can get a great schooling by picking up a couple of books: The Shelby registry or AC Cobra by Rinsey Mills and certainly Trevor Legate's latest: Cobra, the first 40 years.
   This last one specifically tlaks about the replicas as well as the later AC's.

Gus