News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Window runners

Started by DGoose, November 11, 2015, 11:49:48

Previous topic - Next topic

DGoose

Can anybody identify the blue cup/runner shown in the attached ?

I know most of the window lift mechanism is Granada but the rail attached to the glass and the ball & cup arrangement isn't as far as I can tell.
   It seems that the plastic has got a bit tired and the ball & socket dislocates itself on occasion causing the window to drop.

html][/URL]

html][/URL]

nikbj68

It looks a bit like the ball & socket from the 'Y' reg Sierra that I had 25+ years ago...same problem...as I recall, I heated the socket & squeezed it around the ball, which lasted for the year or so I had the car afterwards...might get you going until replacements are sourced?
   p.s. I only greased the runner, not the ball/socket itself. [;)]

DGoose

Thanks Nick, I did clean the grease from inside the cup but it still still pops out occasionally.

I'll investigate the Sierra route.

nikbj68

It looks like these arms were chopped down and the ball post peened in, could they have been turned from bar? It might be easier to re-engineer a 'top hat' type of runner than find these bits!?

hawk289

David,

This is common problem, nearly everyone of my Ace's has the issue. Quite simple to fix, if you power up/down you will notice that the window runner will need a bit of a bend to give it a better line to run. The part if needs replacing is 1994 ford, will need to find the exact model.

John

David S

Was having a look for a Parts Catalogue for Ford Granada and came across this website with multiple Ford vehicle parts catalogues, shame it is linked to overseas companies:
   http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford

Looking for this design it looks like I agree with Nick, it is Sierra 89 - 93, go into the Body and Related Parts, then Front doors and related parts and finally Electric Window Controls - I think it is pictured but not listed however, the diagram gives a part number of DDA06020.
   Cannot get any further than this.
   David

DGoose

Thanks all,

Brilliant detective work, complete regulator units available second hand on ebay but not sure that the plasticy bits will be any better than those I currently have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SIERRA-91-92-EST-NEARSIDE-FRONT-WINDOW-REGULATOR-/301577174671?hash=item4637667e8f:m:mM0G8l9aBqIm743HTd0U2MQ

Still, we now know what to look for and new parts will appear I'm sure.