News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

I have just purchased COB5008

Started by Jim W, November 29, 2014, 18:08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim W

Hi all I have just purchased COB5008 the last of the 10 continuation 427 S/C from Rod Leach it is the ex Derek Warwick car... All I need now is some good weather !!!

Cheers Jim

nikbj68

Congratulations, Jim, and welcome to the Forum, too!

What a BEAST!:

Here`s hoping there are still a few salt-free days to come this year for you, and it`s great to know that you intend to use it!

Jim W

Jim W

Thanks Nik I did manage to get out in it Saturday and Sunday last weekend it was nice to do about 200 miles in it as it has only done 1700 miles since it was built....

Cheers Jim

nikbj68

Steady on there.... adding all that mileage will have knocked 50p off the value!!![;)]
   Hopefully see you at some Club event or other (Which I suspect will be more dependant on my attendance than yours)! [:D]

bobbylangley

It's a fab looking car Jim, bet you can't wait for the summer!

Jim W

Thank you yes I'm really looking forward to the summer !! I did manage to get it out all day yesterday as the weather was quite good in London ( but a bit cold )
   I would like to say how impressed I am with Rob Leach i've had a couple of small problems with the car and Rod had sent Alan and Alec down from Thunder Road to my place to sort out anything that needed doing without me even having to ask (that is service you don't get anymore) !!! A proper gentleman...

Jim W

After having a great day out yesterday in the Cobra when I got home a very good friend of mine asked me could I do him a favour and bring one of his cars back to my place so back up to London to pick up this fantastic car of his !!!
   It was just great to be driving a 427 Cobra and then the best lightweight Jag ever built the ex Roy Salvadori's 86PJ completely original .....

I know it is not a Cobra but still think it looks like the old days Cobra verses Jagaur hope you all like the photos ......

nikbj68

AND... it appeared beside another Cobra, in the August 2009 edition of MotorSport, when they recreated the famous Black Flag race with Jack Sears, 39PH & Jackie Stewart!

As previously mentioned HERE

nikbj68

...And a much better photo, courtesy of Trevor Legate:

Jim W

Thanks Nik that is a great photograph I am going to send it to my mate now !!

TLegate

Jim W

Hi Trevor what a great photograph let me know how many more photos you've got please...i'm sure my mate would like to have a few more.....

nikbj68

Been playing in the SUNSHINE' Jim?

Nice!