News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AP Racing brakes on late Cobras

Started by Alan Faulkner-Stevens, March 17, 2007, 09:06:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

After reading a small note mentioned on the Forum the other evening which stated AC Cars were not using AP Racing brakes on their new MkV car due to the unavailability of parts. As my CRS uses AP components for its front brake hardware I started to look into this.
   I can confirm that the main components of Caliper and Disc are regarded as obsolete by AP. However after some detective work and an fantastically helpful AP Racing menber of staff I have obtained most of the important parts numbers. The castings for the calipers are unavailable, however the pistons and seals are and are very resoanably priced. The discs are again unavailable but AP has a small outside contract engineering company who will make small batches of work based upon AP original drawings. I have contacted this company and they are at present producing me two new discs to the origianl drawings, which I shall store with a new set of seals and pistons in case of future need.
   I shall be writing up all this information in the next ACtion to ensure all owners who use AP equipment on thier cars have the all information I have learned in their possesion.
   Anyone who would like to discuss this matter with me please feel free to e-mail me on faulknerstevens@btinternet.com
   best wishes
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

ak 1240

Hi Alan,

my car (AK 1240 Year 1988) was also fitted by Factory with AP Racing Brakes at the front. Next Time, i will look after the size and
   production Number and give you more information.

Günther