News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Monterey Events 2013

Started by jrlucke, August 18, 2013, 01:00:06

Previous topic - Next topic

jrlucke

In looking at photos from the Concours at Quail lodge this week I saw this light green Ace. The livery, number, racing screen, etc. appears to be the Ace raced by Gil Ranney out of San Diego in the late 1960's (see my photo just after page 93 in the Mclellan/Bancroft book).

Amazingly it seems to have survived as raced 47 years ago! By chance was anyone there and did they get an ID number?

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/photo.aspx?imageId=185723&galleryId=627

http://www.sportscardigest.com/quail-motorsports-gathering-2013-report-and-photos/6/?nggpage=4

I also saw that BEX 1090 was offered at the Bonhams auction at Quali Lodge.

AC Ace Bristol

John

The light green Ace Bristol is  BEX1213 now owned by Robin Grove.
   This Ace left Thames Ditton in 1963 and was owned and raced by
   Gill Ranney.
   BEX1213 was manufactured as the Cobra production was underway.
   This Ace was not recorded in the Thames Ditton Bible.
   The engine number, chassis and body numbers are all intact, are correct and substantiate it being 100% authentic and would appear to have inadvertantly
   missed being logged in the Thames Ditton Bible.
   BEX1213 has been carefully refurbished mechanically where necessary
   during 2012, whilst the body and interior have been generally cleaned and left as found when it was taken off the road many years ago..[^]
   Number plate back in the 1960s was OKC989, now carries VSL470.

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

jrlucke

Great info, maybe this could be passed on to Martin for the Racing Sports Cars site. He has a record for the car but no ID information.

John

AC Ace Bristol

John.

Emailed you some 18 pictures of BEX1213, Poloroids from 1963/1965 and series of pictures as found 2012 and current.

Please feel free to pass the period racing  pictures onto Martin at Sports Car Racing.
   Hopefully they will encourage  other's  to furnish Martin with more Ace Bristol Racing data...[;)]

Keith ...[:)]