News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Bill Bridges. Hero of 2012. Official!

Started by nikbj68, January 12, 2013, 14:13:15

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

In the February 2013 edition of Classic & Sportscar, Julian Balme names Bill Bridges as his Hero of the Year for being the only UK Cobra owner to take his Cobra(The Hairy Canary) to the Monterey Historics AND fly it back to the UK in time for the Goodwood Revival`s Shelby Cup race. [8D]

(Photo credit: Marshall Pruett. Click pic for more great shots on SPEEDTV.COM)

Congratulations Bill, and of course, Caroline & Sam Smart and everyone involved with your racing; your attendance of so many events is greatly appreciated by those of us who come out (in all weathers, sometimes!) for our Cobra fix! [8D][:D]

TLegate

I think we'll all drink to that. Which means it must be your round Bill?

nikbj68

I think I still owe Bill the first drink! [:I]

He`s definitely my Dad`s hero, after he took Dad on the Cobra parade at Cholmondeley. [8D]

aaron

I agree Bill, yours is definatly the next round for bringing your car to all these events in 2012 and organising all the bad weather to go with it,

Always a pleasure to chat to looking forward to seeing the Hairy Canary on three wheels again this year !

Mines a large Jamesons ! [:)]

aaron

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

I think I still owe Bill the first drink! [:I]

He`s definitely my Dad`s hero, after he took Dad on the Cobra parade at Cholmondeley. [8D]

A great pleasure to meet Ol` Gerry for the firt time at this event, some great stories from the past, I think these guys should have used an umberella instead of a flag ! [:)]

nikbj68

Thanks for posting that photo Aaron, I didn`t realise this was the first time Dad had been in a Cobra since selling his in `73!!!
   It was so kind of Bill to take Dad on the parade lap, and Caroline went round with Stuart Graham.
   Surely the CPOP will be dry this year? Maybe instead of moving the date, they should move the location...Dubai, the Sahara?

aaron

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Thanks for posting that photo Aaron, I didn`t realise this was the first time Dad had been in a Cobra since selling his in `73!!!
   It was so kind of Bill to take Dad on the parade lap, and Caroline went round with Stuart Graham.
   Surely the CPOP will be dry this year? Maybe instead of moving the date, they should move the location...Dubai, the Sahara?

Yes a very wet event last year,but I still enjoyed it, I think my partners patience was wearing very thin with the bad weather we had over the three days.

If you can organise the 51 st Celebrations of the Cobra this year and get a nice collection of Cobras to attend again, I will come again !

nikbj68

A couple of Youtube videos have appeared with good Cobra CPOP footage: BMXnCARS AND: OldClassicCars. Turn up the speakers & enjoy!