News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC and Cobra Book for Sale on EBay

Started by BBK, April 06, 2013, 02:04:33

Previous topic - Next topic

BBK

Below is a link to a listing on EBay for a book for sale entitled "AC and Cobra" published in 1982 by author John McLellan, who is described in the listing as an editor of the AC Owner's Club review.  Looks like an interesting book if anyone wants to check it out.  No affiliation etc., etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-and-Cobra-by-McLellan-1982-Auto-Carriers-Ltd-Shelby-Cobra-Cars-/390567063495?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item5aef9c6fc7

nikbj68

Nice spot, Rob, and it is a fantastic book. In fact, the 1st 'real' book I ever bought, aged about 14, and it took me forever to save the £14.50 I paid for it! An insane amount of money in 1982!
   Incidentally, John, this book is $125(£82-ish), the 3 on Amazin` are £66, £73 & £133 respectively, , so it`s not far off the going rate.

rstainer

A useful out-of-print book source is abebooks.com , a portal between buyer and all subscribing second-hand-book sellers. McLellan's book starts at $100 (Icarus Aviation Press, Columbia) and goes all points North.

The portal fronts a 100,000,000+ book inventory.

BBK

Thanks Nik.  I think it might be a good one to have in my collection

Jam2

Nik, when I looked on Amazon, there was one at about £45 - it must have sold very fast!

nikbj68

I find Amazin` searches can be a bit hit & miss, the £856 one described as 'new' from China wasn`t there the other day!
   I`ve been searching for days for my copy...haven`t seen it for ages...