News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AEX542 for sale on eBay

Started by bex316, March 09, 2013, 17:53:27

Previous topic - Next topic

bex316

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Aceca-Coupe-1955-AC-Aceca-Ace-Bristol-Pre-Cobra-/400430077486?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d3b7e162e

or item # 400430077486

Some restoration work still to finish and lacking parts to locate!

Jerry

AC Ace Bristol

Another AC comes to light, Lets hope the next Custodian continues the restoration to original specification and doesn't fit a V8 or incorrect engine...[V]

I know pictures can deceive, but AEX542 looks a solid base for restoration, Where is the engine and gearbox. [?] What's the reserve...[?]

Keith.

Robin A Woolmer

It looks as though it had a V8 fitted at some time so unlikely to find original AC Weller engine!
   Robin

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

... Lets hope the next Custodian continues the restoration to original specification and doesn't fit a V8 or incorrect engine...[V]

Or even more worse with a Ford Capri V6 as AC did it 1968 ...

3.8Jaguar

Could be miles wrong but position of engine mounts make it look like it had a Ford Flathead V8 fitted.

dkp_cobra

AC Ace Bristol

Well someone has a Billy Bargain ..[;)]  Looked a good deal.

Lets hope its back on the road within the next 12 to 24 months.

Keith..[:)]

Gus Meyjes

Not a bad price for a project, but considering everything that's missing, I would not call this a bargain. If this is done right, it will still end up costing upwards of $100 K by the time it's done...

Gus