News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Experience with Wilwood?

Started by dkp_cobra, February 20, 2007, 14:51:51

Previous topic - Next topic

dkp_cobra

Has anyone converted the brake system of a MK IV to a Wilwood system? Any experience is welcome.

Regards, Peter

ak1234

Peter .. have not tried this ... but I'm prsently in the process of converting my Pantera to 12" ..4 piston WILWOOD system.   basically all you need is the part #'s and you will have to make a few brackets.

Better yet you could contact JOHN OWEN at AC ... and ask him what brakes are on the MKV ..they looked real nice.

Ron

Mark IV

CRS and MK IV use AP RAcing units...or at least did. I understand AP may have some "unpaid invoice" issues with "AC". But contact AP and ask about the parts, they have the information.

Rick

SB7019

The Superblowers, CRS and MkV (based on the detailed suspension photos we have seen on this site) all have AP Racing front brakes and Ford (Sierra?) specification (not sure of the supplier) vented rears.   The AP's certainly look good and are more than capable of locking the front wheels from all speeds.

twogreens

quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

CRS and MK IV use AP RAcing units...or at least did. I understand AP may have some "unpaid invoice" issues with "AC". But contact AP and ask about the parts, they have the information.

Rick

I am confused (I realise that may not be difficult).  Didn't the other thread say that the Mk IV used BMW calipers front and Peuguot rears?

Regards to All

Two Greens

SB7019

I think (but may also be wrong) that the references to BMW/Peugeot may apply to earlier (or even all) MkIV's.  The upgrade to AP/Ford could have occured during the MkIV production run or on the introduction of the Superblower and CRS.  Owners of MkIV's may be able to provide more info on this?

Mark IV

quote:
Originally posted by twogreens

quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

Rick

I am confused (I realise that may not be difficult).  Didn't the other thread say that the Mk IV used BMW calipers front and Peuguot rears?

Regards to All

Two Greens

Sorry, I meant MK V, not MK IV....
   Rick

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by SB7019

I think (but may also be wrong) that the references to BMW/Peugeot may apply to earlier (or even all) MkIV's.  The upgrade to AP/Ford could have occured during the MkIV production run or on the introduction of the Superblower and CRS.  Owners of MkIV's may be able to provide more info on this?

I have a quite early MK IV (AK1029) with the combination BMW/Aston Martin DB5.

jbottini

AK1113 has ATE (BMW) front calipers and Puegot rears if this helps.