News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

gear knob

Started by lew, September 19, 2012, 19:18:03

Previous topic - Next topic

lew

can anyone tell where I can buy a Bristol gear lever knob,the black bakalite type?

Lew

AC Ace Bristol

Lew

I believe you can buy repro gear knob with same shape and same gear configuration from the  Jaguar XK 120/140 club.

Better still try to get second hand one if you want it patinated as repro ones look too new.

The XKs use a Moss box same as AC engined Ace & Aceca.

Good luck..[;)]

Keith.

lew

Thanks guys will do.
   Keith I am going to e mail you some pics of AE547 to show progress, I am to old to understand photo bucket,perhaps you could post them so that others could see the Ford over riders and home made bumpers to see how they look on a car.
    Haven't quite finished the mounts as yet but it will give a good idea.
   Cheers
   Lew

nikbj68

quote:
Originally via email from Lew: Here are some pics showing how the bumpers etc came out. The bumpers are 2mm too small in diam as I could not get thick walled tubing in the correct diam out here in the colonies.There was no point in thin wall from a protection point of view. Cheers
   Lew

And here they are, beautiful car, beautiful location!

Yeah, we ALL spotted they were 2mm down on size, but we`ll let you off, Lew![;)] Excellent work. [8D]

riverside

Lew
   Possibly try Ricky at knysna motor strippers for the knob.Hope you gave it some up the pass to shoot those gorgeous pics!
   Ross

Aceca289

Lew,

Nice looking car! Thanks for sharing the photos. Good to see that you're making progress.

John

riverside

I`ve just found and ordered from Guy Broad Jaguar. He has both an original at 50 pounds and repros at 15 pds. A lot cheaper than Moss Motors.
   Ross

lew

Many thanks will order in the morning
   Clearly then the Moss gearbox takes the same as the Bristol