News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

ac engined ace

Started by alexG, June 18, 2012, 23:11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

alexG

no doubt this has been asked and answered before, but is there any way to drop the sump pan without taking the engine out??

Robin A Woolmer

Basically no, the starter housing & the Filter housing make it too wide, the bell housing flange is about 1/2'' wider than the width inside the main tubes also.
   My new engines have been designed such that it could be possible though!

alexG

Thanks Robin, pretty much as I thought, having owned the car for over 40 years!! So what is this new engine that it 'could be possible'?? AlexG

Robin A Woolmer

Alex
   I have tooled up to produce the complete Pre War AC Weller engine & apart from the post war water pump & thermostat housing the post war engine as well, the blocks are up rated in strength & quite a number of refinements such as two oil supplies to the mains also designed the sump based on the PVT starter position & designed a removable oil filter assembly, so the widest part of the sump is the bell housing flange diameter which is about 12mm wider than the gap between the chassis tubes, you sould be able to drop & tilt the sump to remove it. You can see all the detail on my web site ' www.ac-engine.com '
   The new Aluminium heads will be ready in about six weeks, & the last major item is the bell housing to suit the new engine confiuration which can accomodate alternative gearboxes as well as be suitable for all periods of engine.
   Sorry for the long answer.

Robin