News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Book about Derek Hurlock ?

Started by Classicus, September 20, 2011, 14:06:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Classicus

I've been searching the internet recently to find out if there's any book been published about Derek Hurlock himself or the family as a birthday/ Christmas present for one of my grandsons who has firmly decided he wants an AC 428 Frua when he grows up ! [8D] Apart from Derek's interesting obituary (link below) I still haven't found anything yet so be grateful if anyone could help ?

Thanks in advance [:)]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituary-derek-hurlock-1549104.html

ACOCArch

I am not aware of any  publication specifically about the Hurlock family.

The small hard-backed book 'A History of AC Cars' by RG Henderson is probably the nearest available, although the period covered stops well before the AC 428.

A search on Abe Books will usually find a copy at a reasonable price.

Classicus

Great thanks very much ! Hopefully including the 428 one day as it was his favourite car....  [:)]

ACOCArch

Regretably, that is doubtful. The book was published in 1952 and the principals are sadly no longer with us. Some notes by the original author for an update are known to exist, but are not in the public domain and have not been made available to the Club.

The recent Brooklands Books 'AC Cars 1904 - 2009' does have a comprehensive account of the Company, and a number of articles on the AC 428 (or AC 427 as it was known when first announced).

John

Classicus

Thanks do the Hurlock family still keep in touch, or Keith Judd or any other former employees who might have been familiar with the AC 428 during its production ?