News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

headlamps and interior

Started by lew, March 21, 2011, 15:18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

lew

Once more with thanks to the ever helpful Keith, the headlamp rims for the Ace/Aceca come from a MG TF or MGA. The base measurement is 203mm,mine measured 212 and stood proud of the Aceca body. Keith's research cleared this up for me and I post this in case anyone ever needs the info,but the credit is due to him

My next problem is the interior of which I have none!
   How do the doors seal to the outside?, are there any seal rubbers and where and how do the mount?
   Roof lining,is this supposed to be West England Cloth? and how does it affix to the wooden pieces that criss cross the roof dome?
   Any pics of the interior would be gratefully viewed so I can figure the pattern for the carpets and what edges should be bound etc
   Thanks
   Lew

Gus Meyjes

Lew,

In case you didn't know: Rinsey Mills' book "original Ac Ace & Cobra" details a lot of that very well.

Gus

lew

Hi Gus,
   Got the book but its not terribly informative on Acecas interiors. Keith has kindly sent me many pics that are helpful.
   Would like to know,even in words,how the door and window seal in the body aperture.i.e. what type of rubber seals and where do they go.I have seen in some of the pics that furry round pruduct some haw affixed to the body aperture but cany see how its done or how that aids sealing. Perhaps someone could explain it to me as I am trying to make the interior as quite as possible

cheers
   Lew

Gus Meyjes

I'm afraid I can not offer any help. My car was restored a long time ago to a lesser standard and when I re-did it in 2007, I took some liberties. Looks great, but certainly not as it came out of Thames Ditton in 1959... I have photos posted on photobucket: AEX674

Gus

59 Aceca

Lew,

Your description of "that furry round stuff" is pretty accurate.  The product is called Furflex.  It acts as a seal between the door and door frame.  I purchased mine from Ron Leonard here in the U.S.  My car, AEX734, is pretty original so if you need specific pictures to aid in your restoration just let me know.

Best,

Greg

lew

Guys
   that info is great.Gus any pics would be welcome
   How does that furflex attach to the aperture,does it glue on,nail on,have a cover plate? and where abouts in the aperture does it fit?

Lew