News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Spare wheel retaining nut

Started by nicksonsticks, December 27, 2022, 00:04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

nicksonsticks

Hi, would anybody know where I might be able to find a spare wheel hold down nut for an Aceca?
This is the 4 eared aluminium nut.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Nick

AEX146

Finish Line Accessories in California used to have them.

nicksonsticks

Thanks for the info.
I'll have a look on their website and let you know how I get on.
Kind regards
Nick

Robin A Woolmer

Don't forget they are BSF threads, there are good UK suppliers but Imperial thread versions are more difficult to find!
Robin

nicksonsticks

Thanks for the info Robin, much appreciated.
You never know someone might have an original one rolling around in the bottom of a tool box.
Maybe?
Thanks again
Nick

James Eastwood

Nick Finburgh at Classic Autos has sand cast reproductions, (about £70+vat). Alternatively eBay sells some nice large knurled brass knobs, which will be metric, but simply run it through with the right imperial tap. Certainly gives you a period part, even not a factory part.

I think I bought the largest size.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354165858534?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=YvUJ4lv5SX6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=NbehJn30RP-&var=623531185629&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Robin A Woolmer

WDS Components Ltd Have Star Knobs in Aluminium & Stainless steel which are blank so you can Drill & Tap them to your thread seize & type
They Are called 'Star Knobs' & have different number of lobes, that will be the lowest cost & should be lower & better finished !
Robin

Klassik Metall

I still have a couple of original alloy spare wheel nuts.
PM me if your interested.

Regards, Luke.

nicksonsticks

Thanks for all the info everybody. Looks like I've got a few options to explore.
Luke, I'll drop you a message tomorrow.
Many thanks.
Nick

kicksey

Jim Feldman has reproduction ones $95- plus postage.  I bought one from him recently and a tool tray!

nicksonsticks

Thanks for info Kicksey, Luke has sorted one out for me, but thank you anyway, really appreciated.
Kind regards
Nick.