News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

learning to post photo's...

Started by Gus Meyjes, December 06, 2006, 13:22:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus Meyjes

Let's try this again...
   That's grandpa and it's big brawny grand son

nikbj68

Wow Gus. What a stable!
   IMHO the FIA is the perfect balance between the sleek lines of the MkI/II and the excesses of the 427 and the Aceca(Bristol?)looks just fantastic from every angle. Especially in the sunshine!!!
   Nik.

Gus Meyjes

Thank you for the compliments!

The aceca is an AC engined car, so it won't be as competative as it could be with a Bristol, but the engine is dismantled and all the important stuff is in good shape. I am sourcing parts to upgrade and renew some of the tired stuff. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze a few extra horses out of it, without reducing reliablity. It is a later engine, so it already was slightly up on power. I guess the 4500 rpm limit is what is the problem with these old things, you should see the puny Con-rods!! Right now the car is completely apart, just a body on the frame, this will be a ground up restoration. The Kirkham is an aluminum bodied car, it is as good as it gets, without shelling out over 400K!!.
   I hope to meet some of you guys in the UK some day. The ACOC is a very active club, it's been great fun comunicating with you all.

nikbj68

Best of luck with the restoration.
   Having been up close and personal with a couple of Kirkhams, I know exactly what you mean. Truly exceptional pieces of work.
   Nik.

Robin A Woolmer

You might see some interesting developements over the next year for the AC Engine,with stronger bottom ends & new top ends,Heads,cams & more tunable porting.
   Its time we get the AC engine performance up to where it should be, its a good light power unit & even lighter with Ali heads!

Robin

Mark-Anthony

Gus,

That's a Kirkham!!!!  Wow!!  Stunner.  Love the Aceca too.  Good luck with the re-build - keep us informed - and when you're next over come to a couple of the Club meetings, you know you'd be very welcome.

Regards

Mark-Anthony
   CRS #22

Gus Meyjes

[im[/imIMG]http://i129.photobucket.comg]

The Aceca in process of deconstruction...

Gus Meyjes

[im[/albums/p222/AEX674/IMG_3223.jpg[/img][/img]

Puny Con-rods

Gus Meyjes

[im[/img]

Puny con-rods