News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

New member introduction

Started by AC Bill, July 29, 2010, 19:12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

AC Bill

Hi folks. Not sure if this is the place to post this or not, but I didn't see a new member, or off topic area..so I hope I'm not breaking any rules with my first post..[:)]

I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
   My interest in the AC Cars started way back in the early sixties, when my older sister dated a fellow who owned an AC Bristol. I used to love going for a ride in it, and always cherished the look of the car. Of course when Carrol Shelby brought out the AC Cobra, that became my dream car. After nearly 50 years of dreaming..I realisedmy income would never catch up with the price of an original. AC Bristol's, or Ace's were rare as a hens tooth around here, and the ones that were here rarely came up for sale, and they weren't cheap either!
   I finally bought a Factory Five Racing Roadster kit, and have been working on completing it for the last two years. If anyone is interested in reading my build chronicle it is available at this site.
   http://mustangcanada.com/forums/general-mustang-tech/7276-turning-fox-into-snake.html

Knowing the history of the Cobra, and AC Cars, I felt it was only proper to give tribute to the orgins of the vehicle. I will badge my front and back with the AC logo only, as well the steering center cap will be adorned with it. Rather than having the typical "Powered by Ford" fender emblems, I am installing the Union Jack plaques. If I can get my sister that lives in East Grinstead to send my a GB decal for the reat, that would be added as well.

I hope this may stimulate some enquiries by viewers of the roadster. I think many people in N. America are ignorant of the true orgins of these cars, and hopefully will educate a few. The true AC buff though will know, and probably wonder why my 427 body is badged more like a slabside model..[:D]