News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

New Member Hello - AC Royal 1925

Started by j9nno, June 11, 2017, 12:48:07

Previous topic - Next topic

AC-Crankcase

Thank you John,

As to your starter, it depends on which Anzani you have fitted to your car.  I have the big Anzani and all of my electrics are CAV.  In consideration of your head and sidelights and the CAV panel on your dashboard I would assume you have the big engine and CAV electrics???

I have just looked at my car and cannot see any numbers on the starter and I am afraid the spares list is not any more illuminating only listing it as '12799 Electric Starter CAV'.  The number is of course an AC number as they numbered every part of the car!!  I will dig a little further into my archive and see if I can find a model number.

All the best,
   Tom

j9nno

quote:
Originally posted by AC-Crankcase

Thank you John,

As to your starter, it depends on which Anzani you have fitted to your car.  I have the big Anzani and all of my electrics are CAV.  In consideration of your head and sidelights and the CAV panel on your dashboard I would assume you have the big engine and CAV electrics???

I have just looked at my car and cannot see any numbers on the starter and I am afraid the spares list is not any more illuminating only listing it as '12799 Electric Starter CAV'.  The number is of course an AC number as they numbered every part of the car!!  I will dig a little further into my archive and see if I can find a model number.

All the best,
   Tom

j9nno

Hi Tom,

Attached photo of our engine.
   Electrics are CAV and we have a 3 wire dynamo.

[/URL][/img]

Andrey1976b

It looks like the father and son couldn`t finish the restoration

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1926-ac-royal