News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

MK IV at Coys

Started by dkp_cobra, June 03, 2010, 11:08:45

Previous topic - Next topic

dkp_cobra

Has anybody seen the Coys result for the MK IV? Unbelievable, £37.500 above estimated price.  £102,700 total price.

ANF289

quote:
Originally posted by dkp_cobra

Has anybody seen the Coys result for the MK IV? Unbelievable, £37.500 above estimated price.  £102,700 total price.

Impressive and surprising considering it didn't have the original motor (no 89 Mk IV's left the factory w/ a 351).  Anyone know which AK it was? 1272, 1274,1279,1282,1283,1284,1292,1294,1302 or some other one with a new paint job?

Classicus

Hope not intruding but is it the 8th thread down - AK 1268 ?

http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1570

Edit: Looks like it - Lot 140

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/view-classic-auction-cars.php/auctioneer/113

nikbj68

Knowing how MkIV prices have gone recently, the guide price was a little conservative, but it just goes to show what happens when 2 people want one car!
   Personally, I`d have had the 428 & kept the £30k 'change'!!!

REV

Whats REALLY amazing is that it went to Coys Auction at Essen earlier and never even got a bid!

It was estimated at Euro 70-80K

http://www.coys.co.uk/auctions/lot.php?auction=99&id=58179

SB7019

Wow!  At the risk of offending it's previous and new owners it does not even look like a particularly nice example.  Mind you, if a notchback GTO that apparently requires corrective work went for 20 million dollars then anything is possible!

dkp_cobra

I just looked at Coys result list and there is a complete other price: £68813

Look here: Coys result Lot 140

ANF289

quote:
Originally posted by dkp_cobra

I just looked at Coys result list and there is a complete other price: £68813

Look here: Coys result Lot 140

Hmmmm... seems very unlikely that the Mk IV and the Frua each sold for exactly £68813.

Classicus

quote:
Hmmmm... seems very unlikely that the Mk IV and the Frua each sold for exactly £68813.

Curious, just rang Coys who checked them both up on their database. Apparently they both sold for £60,000...

AK1161

I have phoned coys 5 or 6 times and it is amazing that they cannot tell me exactly what price lot 140 (mkiv) sold for. They say 'I think it was about sixty thousand' or 'We dont have those figures to hand' initially their line was 'its not public information'
   Wierd !!!

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

quote:

Curious, just rang Coys who checked them both up on their database. Apparently they both sold for £60,000...

That's the same information they gave to me via e-mail [?]

TLegate

I thought everyone knew what the name of this auction house stood for.....(check the history)