News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Cobra Cockpit Aerodynamics

Started by SB7019, May 25, 2010, 21:03:27

Previous topic - Next topic

SB7019

Car manufacturers used to tie bits of fluff to a vehicle to see how the aerodynamics worked.  Many of you have no doubt seen the 1960's pictures of Cobra Daytonas that show this.   John Norris is here demonstrating how a bit of fluff (with due apologies to the Rev Limiter - as it is not she ) sitting in the passenger seat can be used to similar effect on a MkIV.  As you can see by her hair the flow is forwards rather than backwards. Does this explain the slightly breathless feeling that you sometimes get when driving them?!

AK1161

nikbj68

Are you sure he`s not trying to break Croft`s 1964 lap record of 70mph, set by Bruce Ropner, IN REVERSE!!!*

*Figures and driver subject to the limitations of my poor memory, but I think the record still stands!!!

cobham cobra

It looks like my comb-over is coming unstuck[;)]

nikbj68

...But your bushy grey moustache is very much intact!!! We`ll have to call you 'WingCo', Sah!

TLegate

The pony tail goes on the back of your head.......

AK1131

MkIV Lux

Make a simple test: drop a 10£ note into your cockpit when travelling at 80 mph. It won't fly away, but dance in front of your nose. [:)]

SB7019

What a brilliant idea!  As a poor Englishman I may just try it with a fiver instead!