News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Front uprights

Started by minimans, February 07, 2014, 00:43:14

Previous topic - Next topic

minimans

On a previous thread which I can't find there was an Acceca that had had the front uprights swapped side to side and this caused some evil handing! I was wondering just how do you know which is left and right? I notice that the upper bolt through the spring eye is captive on one side so if I knew which direction the bolt went ie the nut at front or rear of the upright this would indicate the correct fittment? anybody have an idea for me..........Thanks.....Paul....

Klassik Metall

Hi Paul,

The nut should be on the rear face of the upright. In any case if you insert the kingpin into the upright the top of the pin must lean backward to give the correct castor (trail) angle.
   Regards Luke.

B.P.Bird

Paul, I think this is the thread you mean: http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1809&whichpage=5&SearchTerms=646 Also be aware that there were different uprights on early Aces with 5° caster angle and obviously these cannot be mixed wit the later 3° uprights. Only a few uprights were marked with the caster angle.

minimans

Oh s**t they are on reversed! thats the problem with getting a car that's already half done I suppose. But at least now I can fix the awful handling!! Thanks for the quick reply's chaps................