News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Weber 34 ICH carbs - again!

Started by Exowner, December 18, 2021, 09:03:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Exowner

Just thought I'd pop this up again in the vain hope that it may have been missed first time around!

Does anyone have any jetting/general info on Weber 34 ICH carbs used with a bristol engine instead of the ususal Solex set-up?
Any info gratefully received.
G.

COB4

This Weber conversion was first offered to club members in the early 1980's
As a starting point the jets supplied are:-
Main Jet              140
Air Corrector        165
Emulsion              F3
Pump Jet              0.40
Pump Bleedback    0.60
Idle Jet                 0.57
Aux. Venturi          3.50
There are a few other alterations to do, throttle and choke arms, fuel pipe position etc.

Exowner

COB4, many Thanks for your helpful starting point reply. I'm not sure if I'm going to try them in the near future, but now that I have a starting point, I may!
G.

COB4

Around 40 sets of Weber kits were sold in the 80's and many more since. B

Exowner

Cob4, were these kits for ACs or just generally and who sold them?
Where did this info come from, or is it 'confidential'???

COB4

In reply to Exowner,

Nothing 'confidential' its just that this conversion was started 40 years ago.

As i remember Barrie Bird designed this Weber kit for the Bristol engine in the 80's and wrote a very interesting 3 page article describing the installation in April's 1981 ACtion  Mag.

Firstly offered by Barrie to club members at a cost of £108-00 (yes £108 for 3 carbs and parts ) and later by John Parker who used a Weber carburettor shop in St. Albans (now long gone).

I also understand Mike Robinson did/does this conversion.
Barry   

Exowner

AC Ace Bristol

G...........     I have spare Copy of ACtion April 1981,  It's yours,  Please confirm your home address via email and I will post today.     POSTED ! Should be with you  Thursday
Cheers
Keith.