News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

silent travel door lock

Started by AK1161, April 29, 2021, 06:42:02

Previous topic - Next topic

AK1161

I have recently purchased some new Silent Travel door locks and need to locate a second locking latch ( which is not supplied with them ) as can be seen highlighted in the photos. We only had one on the old set. Incidentally the peening that secures the handle gave way on the new ones only a few seconds after installation leading to an annoyingly floppy handle so as you can see this has been secured with a bolt and washer. ( indicated by the arrow )
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks, Luke

B.P.Bird

Luke,
Reproductions of the Wilmot Breedon Silent Travel locks can be pretty poor and not at all safe. I'm not sure that A.C. fitted that type with the extra locking lever - not a lot of point on an open car perhaps ?
The last ones I bought were from Paul Beck Vintage Supplies and they were exact reproductions done to a good quality standard:

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/categories/vintage-car-parts-coachfittings-and-body-parts-door-locks

Out of interest where did these ones in your photographs originate ?
Barrie

AK1161

They came from the same source.
I agree with you about the open top car....was only trying to replace what seems to have got lost. If it is not something easy to locate I will forget about it and see if something turns up at a later date.
Thanks for the feedback,
Luke

nicksonsticks

Hi Luke, this looks pretty similar to the locks fitted to the Austin Healey 3000, might be worth having a look on AH Spares website or Ahead4Healeys.
Regards
Nick